- Presentation "Java and Databases" : Open Office format (sxi)(created with OO v 1.02)
- XP from a CMM perspective by Mark Paulk, who is one of the leaders of the CMM community. The original resides here (the website of the Software Engineering Institute - SEI)
- The Agile Manifesto by Martin Fowler and Jim Highsmith. The Agile methodologies manifesto explained. The article is from the SD Magazine (Software Development Magazine). The original is here(requires registration which is free).
- RUP (IBM Rational Unified Process) briefly.. This article is an PDF from http://www.therationaledge.com/content/jan_01/f_rup_pk.html, with some images removed and scaled down. Also the "read more" section is removed.
- RUP vs. XP by Martin Fowler. Originally resides here.
- RUP and XP Part I : The Rational Edge. See the commong ground of RUP and XP. Original URL : http://www.therationaledge.com/content/mar_01/f_xp_gp.html. The second part is part II and it originally resides here.
- The ten essentials of RUP. An article from the "The rational edge magazine" issue Dec 2000. The original is here.
- Software Engineering resources : tens of links to different resources regarding Software engineering, including but not limited to : Generic models, Prescriptive Process Models (Spiral, Waterfall, RUP (Rational Unified Process), Agile processes, Formal methods, etc.), Metrics - Process and Project, Metrics - Technical, Software Engineering Practice, System Engineering, Requirements Engineering, Analysis Modelling, Design Engineering, Architectural Design, Component-Level Design, UI Design, Software Testing Strategies, Software Testing Methods, Web Engineering(various topics that cover the broad field of web applications development), Managing Software Projects, Project Management Concepts, Estimation for Software Project, Software Project Scheduling, Risk Management, Software Quality Assurance, Software Configuration Management. As well as advanced topics in Software Engineering including : Formal Methods, Cleanroom Software Engineering, Reengineering, Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE tools)
- Java Design Patterns : many articles regarding different design patterns (defineed by GoF book "Design Patterns"). The list and the articles is hosted b JavaWorld. The list of topics include but is not limited to : Chain of responsibility, "Why extends is evil?" - how to build better applications without utilizing "extends" too much, Flyweight - "Make your apps fly", Decorator, Object pooling, Facade, Singleton of course, Composite, Observer (also known as Model/View/Controller), Data Access Objects, Publisher-Subscriber, Modified singleton, etc.
- Thinking in Patterns with Java is an wonderful online book by Bruce Eckel (the author of "Thinking in Java", "Thinking in C++", "Thinking in C#", "Thinking in Python" - also known as the "Thinking books"). It is available for download and is in HTML format (one big file). Quite useful to those who want to get an idea about design patterns, or want to see sample code in Java about design patterns. The DP bible by GoF (Gang of Four - E. Gamma et al.) gives only examples in C++ and SmallTalk.
- Kinds of testing including definitions of white box testing, black box testing and others.